Saturday 28 March 2015

2015-03-24: Back To Real Training

They don't hit back, I like that!

Linguistic Skills:

In English you get a cold from going out in the cold. In Japan a cold is called the same as wind.
All sickly folk get cookies!
I think we decided that grandmothers here say you can catch a wind from going out in the wind. I like the symmetry.

Rating: 8/10 (If it is true anyway - sometimes I don't explain myself well)

I don't have armour yet but I went to training anyway as my Hakama and Keikogi (Stick waving clothes) should arrive today. Unfortunately the jacket that arrived was a kendo one so I ended up training in a T Shirt, quite the fashion statement.
Bottom right pic, I'd recognise that belly anywhere
I trained at this dojo about 4 years ago. Looking at the message board I was surprised to see that Al and I are in one of the photos for a flyer.

He is not worried about me being a threat.
Actually even the little girls are probably feeling quite safe
They aren't afraid of Conrad and he is way scarier than me
And the older members of the dojo have lots of experience with faster, younger and prettier people than me
Maybe my "I don't get hangovers" secret skill can be brought into play...
But I am probably in for a wakeup after three months of no training
I didn't get in trouble so I consider that a good training.

No comments:

Post a Comment