Thursday 26 March 2015

2014-03-17: Warsaw Weigh In

I like making songs little songs as I wander about, usually incorporating what I see into 80's songs of dubious quality. I just realised _after_ leaving Białystok that I  never tried to sing "One Night in Białystok makes a drunk guy stumble, can't be too careful on a snowy street" for anyone.

The Poles are probably happier that I didn't. They would never hurt me for doing it though. They might hurt me through love and overfeeding however.

My Stay In Poland, effects on general health and physical condition.

There have been complaints about my cheeks becoming sunken like a meth addict. There have been complaints that I don't eat enough. There have been complaints that I don't eat enough potatoes (which doesn't mean the meat portion can be reduced).

So Science Time.

I did run off to another country for two weeks and I have tried to have a rotation of "Ladies intending to feed me like a goose" so that my excuses for not eating can be re-used. So this may not be science that works for you.


Question:
Does a fat bastard going to Poland change his body.
Assumptions:
Said fat bastard must have:
a weak will in the face of matriarchs
a penchant for booze of all varieties
a bit of love for fat, meat and potato
and let's say an open and inquisitive mind because the 3 attributes above makes me seem weak willed and hedonistic so we need a single positive attribute here.
"Doping Free" or "Doping? Free!" The following results may depend upon punctuation!
Results:
Bathroom scales:
Weight on Arr: 94.6 Kg, 21.09 Kg fat
Weight on Dep: 94.3 Kg, 18.86 Kg fat

However 2 and a bit kilos of fat lost, that's good. I am hoping the static total weight is muscle gains.

Lowest weight (92.9) and lowest body fat (17.7) both occurred at the end of our ski trip in Slovakia. I don't know if it was 2 weeks away from Polish Ladies force feeding me or if skiing is a damn good form of exercise.
Picking things up then Putting them down again:
In the last week at the gym in Poland I got my best ever "All by myself, no one to catch the heavy things" for Squats (90Kg) and Deadlift (120Kg).
I propose that my awesome strength is Potato, Schnitzel and Kielbasa powered. Maybe Smaleć helps as well.
Ewa trounced me because of western thoughts regarding beauty and plus I think she was smiling at the machine operator.
Gym Sciencey Machine:
This is sort of complex and in Polish. For me the key figures are in the bottom right. Muscle is up half a kilo and fat is down half a kilo. It should be noted that these are from the last 6 weeks in Poland only.
But a cast means she can't do this machine so I win here.
Waist measurement: 94cm -> 92cm. This means I need to buy new jeans in Japan.

 Rating: 8/10 (I don't think I can allow Polish Grandmothers to read this post)

No comments:

Post a Comment