Thursday 5 March 2015

2015-03-05: Out and About

I am a dirty filthy liar.
Picturesque is neither practical or profitable apparently
Under communism things were "more  free". The reason the street opposite has dirt is not because they couldn't afford / chose not to pay for the road to be made. It is because under communism all the people in the street quietly moved their fences 2 metres out and ate up the planned road. By the time anyone noticed and made them put their boundaries back to where they were supposed to be the roads had all been built and so they missed out.

All of which actually sounds more like bureaucratic incompetence and opportunistic greed to me
Good bit of schadenfreude though.

Food & Beverage Review: Choucroute Garnie (French Bigos)

I bought a tin of choucroute in Krakow and have lugged it around with me since waiting for an opportunity to test it out.
Jeffrey Steingarten got me interested in this. He also got me interested in BBQ. And my chips are based on his science as well. Sheesh we can never meet him as Ewa will see him as the true version of me!
Water bath warm it up then add a glass of riesling, I had to run to the shops as I hadn't read the instructions. At the shops I got into a conversation with the Lady that has taken me under her wing. She thinks I understand way more Polish than I do. Even so when I got back it was still only warmish. Water baths suck for heating food.
Background smokes for Frenchy Authenticity. Out of focus as they are not Gaulloise.
Eventually it was ready. It was okay, Polish Bigos is more my speed, even the crappy version I make. The sausages were nice and smokey and plus only an inch long but normal thickness which was cute. The tin doesn't say to have potatoes under it. Mother in Law doesn't trust Stinky French people and made some anyway which did make it better.
The tin was 1.4Kg so she didn't make a dinner for Father in Law on the assumption he would eat this. I am now hiding in the bedroom because I feel sure he will have Obama eyes for me "I know you tried, you know I love you but I am totally disappointed in you".
Fortunately "Not making dinner" means there was a soup (pea soup, very nice, had bacon chunks). Unfortunately he doesn't consider soup to be dinner (or food without soup dinner for that matter). I shall continue hiding.

Rating: 4/10 (and mostly because the riesling was good)

According to a bunch of studies I have read Interval training boosts testosterone. As a dude testosterone is kind of cool to have (I am sure some Ladies might want it too or not - but I know I do for my current goals). So I was off to the gym this morning.
Apparently winning increases testosterone as well. I figure choosing exercises no one else does and then feeling superior because I am winning at those exercises counts. Probably I am like some kind of Testosterone Lollipop now, that's how much superior I felt to everyone else.
Finally a few actual comic book snowflakes!
We got more snow overnight and relatively high temperatures which I figured would mean dangerous ice. If I had lots of testosterone before I went to the gym I would have ridden my Lady Bike. I didn't and so had a mild case of self preservation and so I walked. On the way in my "Zone of Mild Interest" I wondered what I would see. I usually see something.
I think they are motion sensors as they are aimed at where people would walk up. They don't swivel so I am guessing it's not the NSA chasing me.
Post Picking Things Up and Putting Things Down and therefore Suitably Testosteroned I approached my actual goal of the day. Picking up translated papers from the official translator people. It was really warm and sunny.
I know what it really is but still every time I see I think "wheeee circus is coming! sky circus!"
Home cooked food is usually best so I figured home made Vitamin D is best and strolled in T shirt and jeans. This attracted comments using new words. When I got home I think I have worked out the new words and they were asking if I had a fever.

Sign Review: Police Cosmetic School


Rating 8/10 (I think it is where they learn their disguise skills)

I got my translated documents but didn't have a bunch of information which was required for the invoice. I am going to call this 1 point each in the challenge between myself and the people that want to give me a visa (but don't it yet).

No comments:

Post a Comment