Sunday 8 March 2015

2015-03-06: Part Of The Problem?

Today was beauty day. Ewa ran (hobbled? crutched?) off to the beauty parlour to have Ladies do Lady things which makes skin glow or some such. Manly Men have no place in such environments, our role is to simply comment loudly about how amazing the <something> is on the return. And often commiserate on how badly <something else> was done. I always suck at this as I think the Princess is un-improvable so I can't see the improvements.

Not even wearing camo
Children have no place in beauty parlours either. Lucky little bastards don't have to try and guess which bits were done well and which were done badly afterwards.

I think in an attempt to cheer me up before The Return Of The Lady (and my likely impending failure at recognising improved beauty) I was taken duck feeding. Or it could be just a way of keeping kiddies occupied for an hour or so.
Entire Flight Wing Deployed
My previous observations regarding the ducks and their staying in Białystok over winter may or may not be true. Certainly this has not been a harsh winter and that may explain why there were no do-gooders telling us off for feeding the ducks.
Echelon formation obviously needs work

I don't have much experience with uncooked ducks so I don't know if they are always this hungry. However we did appear to start a small conflict within the duck fold and only some pretty good throwing skills ensured that a fair distribution of bread was created. Children are really bad at throwing bread.
Strategic use of ground cover during planning phase

Noise of the conflict attracted opportunistic crows. The crows gathered off to the side planning and then made a foray into the land based bread repositories with reasonable success but I am not entirely sure crows eat bread. It could be a remnant of the Polish tradition formed under communism where if there was a queue you just joined in to see what was available.
They are Polish birds. Hit and Run tactics are in their blood.
Once the conflict reached a certain level things died down with, I think, both sides declaring they had won the impasse.
This child is a Hawk and was bored when the battle subsided
And this one got hungry seeing the birds eat, Or was teasing them with capitalistic over consumption
As we are about to be off to Nagoya I have started researching the city for places to go, things to do etc (let's be honest - nearest bar and nearest food to the apartment we have rented).
I have a suspicion that there may be many a photo of colourful fish in the near future. I am mildly (and I mean super mild) allergic to fish.
That mild physical thing has given me an aversion to the flavour of fish. This seems a bit stupid to me. Lots of people love fish, I ought to be able to enjoy their thing.

Plan for Japan: Eat fish, teach body to deal with it, overcome psychological issues (the ones about fish anyways).

Oh yeah and I have to study the rules to be a referee in Naginata as I am not able to do my 5th dan grading until I get that.

As with all competitors I feel judges are shallow, bad shells of people and that they have robbed me of glory on at least one occasion. I am not arrogant enough to assume I will be a great judge and so assume that becoming a judge will make me "one of those people that robs me of glory". Plus it involves lots of reading which features less spaceships than I prefer in my reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment