Thursday 26 March 2015

2015-03-18: Like Willy Nelson

I have got "On the road again" stuck in my head. Except it is the version done by an Australian comedian from the eighties called Rodney Rude. His version was something about a dog getting stoned and singing "On the road again, I can't wait to sniff some arseholes with my friends".
It is morning so the Vodka is with coke.
Fortunately the lounge at Warsaw airport doesn't have Australian eighties pub comedians as part of the soundtrack. Fortunately I didn't sing it out loud.
Polish cheese, bread and vodka. A Fitting Farewell.

Traveling Advice: Airports

When travelling with a friend do your best to encourage a broken leg or similar. You get led around by the wheelchair pushing guy and faster security checks and everything.
Plus you are visible from a distance by proxy
Do not do this if you smoke as they don't seem like they care about you at all and seem unlikely to hang outside a smoking booth with the crippled person who is probably that way because you are not a good person.
Shot Glasses labelled by a coffee company to reduce the impression that Poles all love vodka in the morning
Except in Heathrow, they don't have a smoking room. So if you are flying out of there go right ahead and grab that hammer while your friend is sleeping.

Rating: 6.5/10 (but I still think Heathrow is the worst airport ever, they even let loud children in the lounge when I was trying to get properly prepared for a flight, screw Heathrow)

They do not get you through security checks with liquids though. In my semi planned way I had brought a couple of beers to drink while we waited for one thing or another.
Fortunately the Slivovic had already been emptied. It was a good one.
Due to the wheelchair guy I had to drop these at the security check. Stupid terrorists. Stupid Plane security too, where are devout Muslims going to get their hands on beer bottles? The whole thing makes no sense.
Poland is FLAT
Zurich is kind of flat and also colder, we didn't go outside
The Lunatics Are In Charge Of The Asylum!
And now snoozy time, Japan awaits.
When leaving Zurich I got in trouble for overstaying my visa by one day. By a guy with a kiwi accent. I am really sure he got his math wrong as it is not a leap year and 31 days for Jan & March + 28 for Feb is exactly 90 days. I guess he is just trying to be like all the local "Not German At All" people. In the end he didn't do anything.


No comments:

Post a Comment