Wednesday 25 March 2015

2015-03-14: Last Night In Białystok? Sausage Fest!

We are off soon. We won't be here for birthdays so we figured get the kiddies presents now. Then we figured give them the presents now because on their birthdays they will have lots of presents. Now they have no presents. This way we are the best Aunt and Uncle ever. We are conniving.
I am not good at reading instructions

Actually the presents now thing is because we got Iza horse riding lessons for the year and Adrian would have gotten upset if he had nothing.
Horsie School didn't sell vouchers so I made one. I like making vouchers. Ewa drew the horse then I made it muscular ruined it and added the rider. Polish was all by myself!
But of course Iza can't play with her horse riding now and he will have a toy he can play with immediately so he has to get something she likes as well.
The water was Ewa's idea. It garnered the expected parental reception
But if she can play with it as well then he has to share so he has to get something all his own as well.
Push and assemble T Rex from Japan, designed for much smaller fingers than mine.
Fiddly little bugger. T Rex was tricky too.

Children are complex.

Soon there will be no more sausages for us. There may be tubes of meat in the far off lands but they will not be real Polish sausages. Polish sausage are complex.
Or, of course, maybe I am just simple.

So I bought a selection of sausages to do science with. My theory is that while I am here I like them all and am happy with whichever ones I get.
When we are away we might occasionally get a chance to get some at a single place. At that point (or when we return) we will go crazy eating them to catch up.

I only have a finite amount of sausage storage space so I don't want to wast precious stomach space on second favourite sausages in that feeding frenzy. It is just sensible if I know my favourites. I have decided to extend the science by trying each sausage by itself and then with Chrzan z Żurawiną (cranberry flavoured horseradish - another favourite around here).

Plus all the other kids got presents and I want some too!

Food & Beverage Review: Sausage Frenzy

Owska Bottom Right
Owska: Meaty, nice snap to the skin and thick textured, nice bite. With Radish: about the same, either the meat overpowers the radish or vice versa. Best by itself.
Klasztorna: Less meaty but lots of burned flavour. With Radish: a little better, spicy with burned flavours. Favourite, so why didn't I take a photo of it? I don't know, You can see it in the very bottom of the picture of all 5 sausages.
Bierrzanska: Cigar like in it's dryness. Chewy. The knot in the end is not for chewing, it is teeth cracking strong. Almost fermented salami like. With Radish: About the same, both are good.
Teeny Tiny 2 bite sausage
Mysliwska: Sweeter flavours. With Radish: Spicy and Sweet, work well together. Best with radish.
Looks at them and tell me they are just potato. It's Dark Magic I swear!
Kiszka Ziemnaki: Potato Sausage. Surprisingly meaty. I wonder if it is a mental trick? like those apple pies with no apples? Ewa agrees. Texture is like a thick terrine, quite a light flavour. Really good. With Radish: Nope. Too spicy. Second Favourite.

Rating: 10/10 (Totally do this again, the potato sausage really surprised me but beating spicy with burned flavours was always going to be hard).

Then sleep, sweet sausagey slumber.

No comments:

Post a Comment