Tuesday 11 August 2015

2015-06-26: Festivals! Colour!

Montreal has lots of festivals. I don't know if it is actually more than other cities or if it just seems so because they are all crammed into the summer period due to the snowy times probably shrinking turnout.
I really think whoever designed this sign should be fixing their resume. Billy Holiday was a jazz singer but I am not sure if Strange Fruit references is the way to go
We have missed a couple of festivals already due to other things we were doing. Not all of those things were drinking at the nearest bar to the hotel.
I am assuming it was the same graphic designer
But my inner child wouldn't allow me to miss this one. Plus I think I lead us in search of the best burger place in Montreal which was either either closed or a hole in the ground.
BBQ was about as good as the Jazz. I will look for better BBQ.
The festival had smoked BBQ which was okay but I liked the most this weird grate in the ground which had smoke coming out of it.
Only take one small step to Zombie Jazz Festival
We couldn't figure out exactly what was going on but it looked like someone had dropped some dry ice in there. An unusual prank to be sure but kind of cool.
No idea who that guy is. He probably wants a copy of the photo.
We made a pretty spectacularly wrong choice in navigation and wandered up towards the old centre of Montreal thinking it might look pretty at night. It might have.
Cool bikes. Spooky dog.
There is a BBQ festival in a couple of weeks. We will be gone by then. Hopefully we will stumble onto a BBQ festival at some point in our journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment