Tuesday 11 August 2015

2015-06-25: Things that make me happy

Some jokes I never tire of. I am not sure what the theme of them is. They are mostly stupid but there are lots of stupid jokes I do tire of.
How do you start a Bee Race? One, Two, Bee, Go!
How do you start a Teddy Bear Race? Ready, Teddy, Go!
How do you start a Samurai Race? Ich, Ni, San, Go!
I can picture one of them cracking and a hairy little spider leg poking out.
Fortunately for most people I still remember the punchlines when I am drunk. Nothing worse than a stupid joke when the teller forgets the punchline.

Sign Review: Elevator in Montreal

The other panel was actually to the left.
And I can picture the face of the guy that did the sign in his office as he went "ahhhh dammit"
So I read it as "If the buttons don't work use the other elevator".

Review: 8/10 (Probably less funny for people that don't make cockups as often as me)

I guess someone decided the easy way to remember whose book this is was to put a picture of a monkey on it rather than my name. Either that or they are saying "Good Monkey". Which I am.
Of course not all of the things I find funny as as mature as the above, sometimes my inner puerile child shows through.
My phone has two sim cards. One is on the Virgin network, one is on the Rogers network. I hope Roger is slang for having sex in your country too.
It is a mindset that keeps me giggling on the inside most days. When the world won't provide me with jokes I have to console myself with food and booze. Obviously when the world provides me with jokes I often celebrate with food and booze but anyway....

Food And Beverage Review: Montreal Smoked Meat Sandwich

http://schwartzsdeli.com/
mapref
So Montreal Smoked Meat is a thing. Turns out it means pastrami style meat. The guys at the bar that informed me about the smoked meat found this comparison insulting. Then admitted it does taste pretty much the same and is eaten pretty much the same. However it is not the same. Montreal has its own identity dammit!
We didn't wait long enough for them to look that bored
Certainly I am not knowledgeable enough about pastrami to point out significant differences. As mentioned previously I am an Uncouth Clod at times, the smoke in the meat isn't enough for me to need to use that adjective as a descriptor.
Not even a little like pastrami. NY will be funny when I make the comparison as I think they feel strongly about pastrami.
It's a nice enough sandwich. Apparently you can ask for lean/medium or fatty. If I go back I will go fatty as the sandwich on the whole seems a little dry for me. They have cherry coke though which arguably fixes that slight deficit.
Pain (bottom right) is only a dollar!
When we got there we had to wait maybe 5 minutes. When we left there was a long queue. Some friends had just arrived and I mentioned that I had been told of an alternate across the road which some think is better. This was apparently bad information and the one across the road is not better.

Rating 7/10 (Poutine is a much better identity dish. Apparently they do a Poutine with smoked meat, that could be good)

I had a craving for a real BLT. This is not a real BLT. Bacon here is wrong, broken and weird.



No comments:

Post a Comment