Friday 7 August 2015

2015-06-18: Omens

Some will recall that when we arrived in Japan almost the first instance Ewa was not in my immediate presence a bunch of fire engines showed up.
Today was our first stroll around Montreal. Ewa claimed she needed a bathroom break and as soon as she was out of sight fire engines turned up.
Only a couple of engines. She must have been in a hurry.
One piece of advice I was given when talking about our roaming lifestyle was to have a ritual thing to make each new place feel like home. A painting we always hang or something. I usually go to a supermarket and buy coffee.
I think Ewa has found her ritual and it is slightly different to mine.

Linguistic Skills: French

I studied French an hour a week for 3 months after I got back from France last time. I remember some words.
Nuts without gluten and without spiders. The gluten I don't care about so much but the absence of spiders I approve of whole heartedly.
Mostly I just make it up though.

Rating: 9/10 (I think my french accent is different to the locals)

The point to this particular sojourn is the Naginata World Championships. We are staying at the University dorms with all the other Naginata people. The rest of the Australian team is here and we are all trying to be calm and collected but prepared.
Kato doesn't speak a ton of English, Ewa was given the task of ensuring he only smokes in accepted areas by our mutual Japanese sensei. So far she has discharged her duties well.
The Japanese team has two members from our dojo in Japan. They have arrived as well. They do seem slightly more calm and collected than us.
The Australian team is on the 7th floor. My birthday is 7/7/71. I regard this as a good sign

No comments:

Post a Comment