Tuesday 20 January 2015

2015-01-18: Failure is always a (popular) option

You know that intersection I mentioned before which had no lights and yet everything was working fine? Apparently the lights broke for a while and during that period the 5 way intersection had fewer accidents.
Totally for the safety, not cost savings
So they left the lights off.
Now that is the kind of thing which should be on trip advisor, that is cool.
Wouldn't you want to go on on any of his tours? "here is some stuff, I don't get it and I'd rather be home"
We are back in BiaƂstok now and I haven't embarrassed myself in a while. The niece and nephew are getting a bit stir crazy. Off we go to roller skating. I have never successfully skated in any version of the roller.
Yeah, laugh it up good Lady
I am not a fool though and snuck the pads I bought for ice skating under my jeans for the expected falling off aspect. This made up for the lack of hats and numbers. Failure with pads is equal to success without them in any practical sense.
Everyone is nonchalant, no one is watching me scrabble crazily. In fact I am not sure these people even know me.
By the end of it I could probably win a roller skate race. It would be in true Australian fashion though; be way at the back because I suck then everyone else falls over and I win because I managed to not fall over.

Cultural Observations: WorldWide SexyTimes

What on earth happens in both hemispheres late march?
I managed to mumble the word that is after "Sto Lat" in the Polish Happy Birthday song.
We had another birthday to celebrate. It feels like there are tons of birthdays occurring at the moment.

Rating: 3/10 (because I think I might be missing out on late march sexy times)

We played Fighters Uncaged. It is about $20 when ordered from eBay. If you have an xbox I highly recommend this game. Lot of kicking and punching and people get too excited and damage all parts of their bodies and this is hilarious.
I no longer suffer from that particular pain as I have learned the casual style of fighting it requires.
Mucho! Largo! Puncho! (and many of them)
Tomorrow night we get to have some real fighting. First time back at martial arts in some 7 weeks.

Now that is going to hurt, especially as I will probably be doing Kendo (rather than Naginata) and I haven't played much Kendo in the past 15 years. My brain still thinks I can though.

Usually the brain / body disagreement on skill set is where I hurt myself the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment