Friday 2 January 2015

2015-01-01: Moar Activities, Moar, With Numbers and Hats

We made Raclette today.
This was not because it was cold and snowy.
This was not because Piotr (older brother) lives in Zurich.
I think Activity Food is the best food. Anything you cook / assemble at the table is fun
This is because I am a sucker for ideas and shiny things and after buying fireworks yesterday I was all in a spin of excitement.

There was a Raclette grill at the Lidl for about $30.
There were three types of Raclette.
There were potatoes.

I suspect that sending Piotr and I to the supermarket for fireworks & groceries was one of the choices made by others most likely to lead to random results.
The Eldest daughter takes over food service as the Eldest child is male and can't be trusted with hot / sharp things
We had a list of, I think, 4 things to get and came home with enough stuff to build a small tower in front of the door. This shows that being the eldest child can have the same result in both cultures.
This Is Just Wrong. Did Not Buy. A random Polish Lady went to great lengths to explain that this was not a Polish product. It is German (but they make it for the Polish market specifically)
Raclette doesn't need hats though and plus it wasn't in Andrej's plan so it doesn't really count as an achievement. No matter how I tried to work out numbers to reflect our raclette skills I couldn't think of anything which wouldn't have had Ulla (sister) destroy me once her potato and cheese desire had ignited.
Traditional Australian cheap wine for Raclette, Australian stuff is everywhere. We even have some Shampoo called Australian Gloss or something. I do not recall Australians having super glossy hair.
To compensate for the lack of Activity Items we went go-kart racing.

Activity Review: Go Karts, WRT Kart Racing, Krakow

http://krakow.wrt-karting.pl/
Kart racing has hats. And it has numbers.
And balaclavas
I haven't driven a vehicle in some 25 years. I watch the Bathurst 1000 every year (eating KFC). I didn't have any KFC but I felt I would be triumphant because of everything I have learned about V8 supercars and their strategy. In the car on the way there I made vroom vroom noises and moved my hands like the driver guys do on tele. I wiggled my feet too.
I find practice and getting in the right mindset are important.

The Month is only one day old so getting on the leader board wasn't that amazing but I took it
We did two races. I was given car #7. Given I started my 7th year on the 7th of the 7th of 77 which is the same year Star Wars came out.
I figured I was definitely going to win.

So I did.
It's just science people.
Science being planned
Unfortunately I failed to learn a lesson when I watched Bathurst and they go to the pits to talk to the engineers. I happily told everyone how I went fast; "push the go pedal hard and slide around the corners then push the go pedal again". In the pits at Bathurst they keep these things secret.
Secret Technique Racing
As a result Andrej had the fastest lap for the second race. On the bright side I started with pole position and lapped everyone so I got 13 laps instead of the 10 everyone else did. Winning isn't everything, sometimes value for money comes out on top.
13 Laps

Rating: 8/10 (+0.5 if they didn't send the data in pdf format. Who uses pdf for data? I would have to type it all out if I wanted to make a graph!) 


In the evening we went to see the Hobbit. More out of a sense of obligation than anything else really.
Cheese Avoidance Technique
The traditional Polish cinema food is Nachos. The "cheese" sauce has a little jalapeno in it. Ewa likes triple cheese sauce. No one believed this was possible until the container arrived with cheese sauce to the brim. I am not doing a review on them. They were okay. I got cheese on my shirt. I did not get cheese on my shirt with Raclette. Raclette wins.

Plans:
  • Tomorrow we go to Aqua World or Water Park or something.
  • Then we visit Andrej's Mum. Some of you will remember her from last time. She forced brandy down my throat to say thanks for bringing walnuts. I must get more walnuts.
Water Park. Probably looks cooler at Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment