Friday 26 June 2015

2015-05-21: Katsuura, The Place Of Doom

When we were introduced to Jukendo I wondered if it was a cunning plan by a dastardly Frenchman to get revenge for the slurs I have spread about the Smelly French over the years.
Bacon! This is awesome!
I may have also contemplated that I had inadvertently invited the Japanese military to line up and have a bit of stabby practice on my bloated carcase.
Not sure if this is her War Face
We have been allowed to join a 3 day Jukendo seminar in Chiba. Much of the work organising our attendance was performed by Baptiste and I know he is busy organising the Kendo World Championships at the moment so for him to take time out for us is pretty good proof that I am not paranoid.
That can't be a warface
Chiba is a little ways from Nagoya so we get to have another train picnic which is great. Katsuura is right out on the beach on a slower train but we had the Japanese version of Skymall magazine to peruse.
My brother had this robot when we were young. I was always jealous. Now I have moved on in my life and need not these trappings for my happiness. Plus I can't read the order form.
Tired of pesky birds pooping on your laundry? Get a Bird Kill Neo! She should have been flipping the bird though.
Hubby stressing you out yelling at the sports on tele? Solve it.
Then get a rubber band facelift and find a better man!
I was so absorbed I missed The Mikado (Ow, that is bad)
 3 days of Jukendo means we will need food. Giant pork schnitzel is the way to do this.
The owner of the restaurant is a falconer. If these are the pigs his bird catches I am worried about the size of the birds. Baptistes car is not pink though so it should still be there afterwards.
He wasn't wearing one of his many pink shirts either. I think I am onto something here...
We weren't the only people celebrating at the restaurant. A group of young guys were there excited because one of them had just graded in Kendo and also passed his first exam for the police force.
The makings of a small army

If he passes the next couple of exams he will have a job for life playing kendo in the police force. It is a career choice and the police are some of the strongest kendoka around.
A bird on my shirt may not have been a tactically safe choice
In a similar way the military are the strongest Jukendo students around. Tomorrow we will meet a lot of them. When Japan doesn't have need of them cleaning up after natural disasters I believe they train all day every day.






No comments:

Post a Comment