Friday 26 June 2015

2015-05-19: I always look for future opportunities

Food & Beverage Review: Jelly Coffee

Amongst the many things that Japan does in an interesting way is coffee. Australians and New Zealanders take coffee very seriously. We have a debate about which country invented the Flat White. Starbucks has decided to try and make a flat white. I think this is because they still feel sad that all their places in Australia closed almost immediately due to their coffee being shit. As a dual citizen I feel even more strongly about coffee than many of the single citizens. I don't care who invented it because whomever it was I am one of them.
At one of my old jobs whenever someone took a mouthful of coffee everyone immediately tried to make them laugh for the Coffee/Nose /Spray effect. I suspect it would be horrific with this beverage.
Japan has lots of tins of coffee in vending machines. It is not coffee in a form that I consider acceptable to be called coffee but I enjoy it as "A Drink that is okay if I don't think it will be coffee". With that in mind I kind of like this. Sweet cream and cold coffee flavoured jelly.

Rating: 7.5/10 (-4 if you think it is coffee, still better than starbucks though)

Our apartment is tiny and the bed is only just wide enough for two people. We have taken to throwing the futon on the floor and sleeping there.
If I need a new company I am going to start designing beds with build in ice bins and a speed rack for house spirits.
We then use the bed sans mattress as a handy bar for the evening. On Fridays we often don't even put the futon back on the bed. Those are days we often don't even see the sun.

Cultural Observation: Tans

In Australia anyone driving a Hummer would probably have a tan. Tans are all out-doorsy and healthy and so on. They would also probably be considered a wanker by everyone that saw them because Hummer? Really?
I would love to see the internal memo that approved this in the US
In Japan the Hummers have long glove things to protect your arms from the sun. They also have umbrella mounts on the handlebars. I think this is because tans are regarded as a sign of being a member of a socio economic group that has to work outside. That would be a Lower Socio Economic Group

Rating: 9/10 (I would love to see someone try to drive a real Hummer here, first side street would be just Fuck It, I'm getting out and leaving this steaming pile of shit and getting a bike)

No comments:

Post a Comment