Friday 19 June 2015

2015-05-15: Oh, Shiny!

More training! More I says! I like going to training because it means afterwards I can eat crazy volumes of tasty tasty food and know that it is all good in the cosmic balance. Or maybe in the cosmetic balance.
Either way we stopped at what I used to think was Meat Bye but is actually Meatble for lunch. They do small tasty steaks. I like them. I do not like the name though. Meatble makes even less sense than Meat Bye.
Beans and Braised meat. At times one of my favourite things. Not today.
Apparently they only do them for dinner. At lunch time there is soup and a plated lunch. The plated lunch admittedly had some meat and was nice but was not the carnivorous delight I was expecting.
Soup. One of her favourite things. Not Today.

Food & Beverage Review: That Spanish Place Up The Road Should Have Meat

mapref
No Website, it's called Bar En Plancha. As with all tapas places you can run up a pretty hefty bill if you aren't paying attention. I rarely pay attention. They have one of those hams mounted on a board for thin thin slices. They are usually crazy expensive, I did my best not to order that whilst in a Volumes Of Meat mood.
Olives ordered because they are sure to arrive quick.
Possibly because of this congenital Lack Of Attention Paying attribute I also get hit in the head a fair bit.
Deep fried spaghetti. A new thing for me. Pretty cool actually.
I am going to say that the head hitting is the reason I figured the fancy little cellophane twists were purely decoration.
Chicken, artfully drizzled. Art stands not in the way of The Destroyer
I suspect that the manner in which I addressed the meats as they arrived made the staff a little cautious about getting close enough to advise me the cellophane twists were actually the seasoning for the meats. I guess they were nervous about losing a finger or two in the melee.
The background shows we did manage some actual tapas size dishes as well. We are not philistines.
The relentless grind of training followed by lots of meat took its toll on Ewa and she wandered home for a snooze. Conrad and I bravely forged on because we all know that a healthy body needs a lot of clean fuel. Plus they have pretty quick service with beer.
And I will dance in the blood of mine enemies and power shall be laid upon me
The cellophane idea is actually a pretty good idea. By the time we got to the last plate of meat the staff were brave enough to tell us it wasn't just a shiny decoration. They never got brave enough to tell us to leave though. So either we were polite or they were. Either way a plus point for their rating.

Rating: 7.5/10 (I am pretty sure it was them that was polite)



No comments:

Post a Comment