Monday 23 February 2015

2015-02-21: Sensitive New Age Guy

The Princess is having a hard time doing the Daily Shop Sprint due to the leg immobiliser. I was trusted with purchasing items.
As a guy buying tampons that doesn't speak the language the hardest thing is that the shop doesn't have them.
I am so metrosexual I know the difference between these and what I am meant to get.
I stood there a long time trying to work out what the different options were but none of them were the desired style.
In the end I gave up, bought my beer and smokes and wandered home.
Finish does do a pretty powerful cleaning job but I think the bubbles would be bad.
pffft nowhere near that easy. The Lady at the corner shop has taken me under her wing. I am now the retarded boy that needs help.
The camera autofocussed on the beer. This was not me ignoring my lessons.
So I got an impromptu Polish lesson before I was allowed my beer and cigarettes.
On the way to the shops one of the guys down the road brought his little old communist times car out. I love these things.
I was sober and did not climb into his car and demand to be driven at crazy speeds to a hairbrained heist. One day my friend, one day.
Apparently they are somewhat popular now because you don't have to drive them. You can choose to! Pretty sure it isn't a trabant (because of the head lights). Plus the trabant had tail fins, which are pretty cool.

Hey I Did Research!

It is a Fiat. When I was a kid I loved the Fiat Bambina. Wikipedia says some people called this a Bambina. Either those people are wrong and broken or wikipedia is, once again, a lying whore. I suspect the latter. The Bambina was the 500 and the best one I ever saw was painted like a football. It wasn't the collest Italian car ever, the milk cart they had was, it went in reverse at the same speed as forward and a skateboarding friend of mine spent ages driving one backwards on a roundabout when he was drunk. I giggled but did not partake in the chaos (and probable larceny) at the time.

Apparently the Fiat 126 with the "p" designation is the Polish version and it was a common car here for a while. Nowadays they get stolen a fair bit (I am told by sources more reliable than wikipedia) for parts.

This dude has kept his so pretty that I am sure if I got one he would have someone steal mine for his parts. At least I now have photographic evidence of where he lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment