Tuesday 3 February 2015

2015-01-31: Favourite Things

I love Activities with Numbers (and/or Hats). That's how you measure if you are improving. Poles love providing numbers for their activities as well, even Laser Tag emails you a break down of the statistics here.

At the Gym this morning we managed to get some numbers. Only fat / muscle percentages.

They also can do Max VO2 and some other stuff but there was some nonsense about having qualified people do it and such. We have to wait until the people qualified to do that are available. pffft.
Gym doesn't have hats so it needs more numbers, not less!
Sword fighting is an approved exercise and burns the most energy! wheeee. Plus it has hats.
Ewa Numbers

Ewa claims she beats me at this activity because she only has to lose 4.7kg of fat to be in the Awesome range (they call it normal but they are mental gym people) and got 7/9 ticks compared to my 3/9.

I claim I won because I got an Over Normal reading for muscle in one quadrant and my fitness number was higher.
Plus even if I have to lose 11kg of fat to be awesome (well, even more awesome) then that isn't even the total weight of one leg and there are lots of people with one leg that ski and horse ride and stuff.

Me Numbers
A comforting factor is that the fat percentages are roughly in the range of what my scales are measuring currently. When we got here we had to get a Sencor brand scales. They seemed to measure fat higher than the Tanita ones I had in Australia. I have never worried too much about accuracy of the actual number as I figure the trend line is the important thing. If the scales say you are loosing fat then it doesn't really matter if the number it reported was A or B. The change in brand has screwed my graph up a little though. For the past 10 years I have measured my weight when I wake each morning and put it in my database so I have pretty graphs to play with. Now my trend lines are a bit screwy.

Achieving Equilibrium: We have some numbers that means we need some hats! Horse riding tomorrow and we need some equipment so off to the sporty person shop. Today was a Christmas party for the kiddies at Krzś's (Brother in Law) work. Apparently it went really long and the niece and nephew got bored and behaved badly. We are Responsible (and Fun Loving) Adults and waited a suitable period of time so the punishment had registered before taking Iza for the buying of horsie gear.

We have matured with this exposure to children.
We have also caught diseases from them but all knowledge comes at a price.

Destruction of the fallen snowman, this was my fault and can't be blamed on her. No matter how enthusiastically she joined in.

Activity Review: Smallest Table In The World Ping Pong.

The sporty people shop had a bunch of ping pong tables. As our shopping technique is very hit and run we were finished and waiting for the others to make their choices within minutes of arrival; Iza and I played ping pong. The cool kids had already commandeered the larger tables so we played on the smallest ping pong table in the world.
In theory this was to check the new boots fit properly
In my head I invented rules for the game. A serve has to bounce both sides of the table. After that you get points from the rally by having the ball bounce once and only once on the opponents side of the table. Returns which miss the table altogether are irrelevant and game does not cease.
Using this scoring system I won the match. I should have told Iza my rules I guess.
Iza appeared to be playing mostly on the concept of "the best bit of the game is climbing on and under shop furnishings to retrieve the ball".
Using this scoring system she won.
Winners get prizes; Me Tiramisu, Iza Icecream. We got Ewa a coffee too even though no one knows what rules she was using and whether she won or not.

Rating: 6/10 (but only when visiting, I wouldn't invest in a table myself)


I am a good girl and would never have been in trouble mere hours ago. Children are duplicitous liars.

No comments:

Post a Comment