Tuesday 17 February 2015

2012-02-15: Returning to a childlike state

Our return journey was via Boumin. I thought I was ready for the colours of the cafe at the station. I was not.
My eyes are scalded
Hey the makeshift scarf / sock / string thing kind of coordinates.
And so do the pain killers.

Food & Beverage Review: Semtex

I was expecting this to be some kind of over the top strong lager popular with uni students and bums.
It is an energy drink (which might be popular with students but I doubt it).
This. Do Not.
It is awful even by energy drink standards.
Consumed in this environment it provides jittery energy to an overstimulated nervous system.
I took ten photos of coins because I liked the mounted guy, then I jabbered about horsies for a while

Rating: 1/10 (just. wow.)

Soothing environment, jangling nerves calming....
A toilet break showed us that Bohumin train station has a nice dingy, crowded, noisy, dark bar in it. If I wasn't bouncing on caffeine, taurine and a few other eine group chemicals and Ewa wasn't on crutches we would have stayed in there. If you are in Bohumin go to that bar. It is in the waiting room (not the main ticket area).
In Poland this would sell vodka, that would calm me down.

Ewa pointed out that before meeting me she had to go to the doctor for accidents about once a decade. Now she does it on an annual basis. A new theory has arisen.
This guy probably has no money or cigarettes. Or soul after finishing that can.
  • I always look like a bum / homeless guy. 
  • Every T shirt I own has bleach spots on it despite me never using bleach 
  • In Sydney I would put clean clothes on and have cockatiel poop on me within seconds
  • The boots I bought in zakopane look older than Ewa's which are about a decade old.
  • When getting my ski boots fixed up Daniel mentioned I must have really hit a lot of stuff, I said I hoped it was bloody kids. He was surprised by the purchase date on the receipt, 3 days is just not long enough for this amount of damage to a boot.
Ewa surmises that the reason she broke her leg is because she is falling under my sphere of influence.

Cultural Observation: Cold Weather

When the weather is below zero everyone wears coats and scarves and so on. This acts as a camouflage for beggars, homeless types and bums. Fortunately I tend to look like a bum so it takes a really empty area for the bums to ask me for cigarettes.

Rating:8/10 (this theory gives me a reason to maintain my particular style)


Ewa's family home is a typical Polish house (I have been in 2 houses) and has lot of stairs. Ewa is not that good with crutches yet. She has reverted to climbing the stairs on her butt with me carrying crutches behind her. The little gate to stop kiddies from playing on the stairs now works to pen Ewa in. I find this amusing. Fortunately she is usually facing away from me when I smile at this.

Activity Review: Gym Compensation Plans

Ewa will be unable to go to the gym or any other physical activities for a bit. She is worried she will lose all the muscles she has grown.
I did do romantic graffiti on her cast though
I have suggested she do dips on the stairs. So far this only occurs when I am watching but it does look like it will keep her shoulders nice and strong.

Rating: 7/10 (I am a genius or maybe 1/10 I am suicidal)

Home safe and sound. And playing games no one knows the rules to.


No comments:

Post a Comment