Friday 20 February 2015

2015-02-17: Paranoia might be caused by lack of sun

Cultural Observations: Music as Nostalgic Celebration

In Poland there is lots of music from the eighties. This could be just because in Australia I didn't listen to much in the way of radio outside of JJJ so I didn't notice it there. However I only really listen to the radio here in cabs and shopping centres and I did that in Australia.
In Slovakia and Czech Republic I noticed the same thing except the music was from the early nineties.
I suspect that the two countries had huge things happening at the time (Poland, Bye bye Commies. Czech/Slovakia, Bye bye each other) and that burned the music into their brains.
On this basis all you have to do is find the music period you like, check out which country had something big and exciting happen during that period and move there to ensure the background music is your favourite.

Rating 7.5/10 (You're Welcome)

Or of course some kind of NSA sensor array

We have a bathroom of the future. I only just noticed. The light fitting is pretty much the same as one I had in Australia but the bulbs have little bits in them like robot eyes. I am guessing they are heating elements to warm the bathroom. That's cool.
Looks can be deceptive
Plus the bathroom has secret Japanese messages in the tiles. The Japanese do love the future (well the future as seen by the eighties anyway) so that is fitting.
Secret message revealed
The messages are sideways and I don't read Japanese but I recognise some of them from Karaoke nights with visiting students.
It is "no", pronounced "noh" and is common enough you just sing it loudly and everyone thinks you are joining in.

My Electric Cigarette Juice Is Contaminated! I might be paranoid but the plastic rippy open seals were all open. I have just read some studies regarding levels of formaldehyde in electric cigarettes so I am not touching these. Science and beating Ewa will have to wait until I get back down to the shop and buy some sealed ones.

Activity Review: Store Sprinting.

In the meantime Ewa is progressing well. We had our daily exercise of walking to the shop at the end of the street. Her skills with crutches improve and I only just finished my cigarette in time to go in.
On the way back an old Crow Lady (black coat, grey fur) started about 10 metres behind us.
I watched the old biddy get closer and closer but didn't want to excite Ewa's competitive instinct too early and cause a crash. When we were about 5 metres from home I pointed out we were winning and Ewa did a crutches sprint for the finish. We won. Suck that old Lady.

Rating: 8/10 (it was getting close for a minute)

Arnold Schwarzenegger is a pretty big guy. When he arrived in the States apparently he had no calf muscles to speak of and would do photo shoots knee deep in water to hide them. Presumably with lamenting women folk across his shoulders.
He got a bit upset and went mental growing calf muscles.
I mention this because I have been a bit nervous that without regular training I am going to lose the spring in my step which might be the only thing my naginata has going for it.
Salad and Krakow Schnitzel, good for bottom leg muscle growth.
Due to working at about 9pm to catch the start of business in Aus getting to kendo training is tricky at times and kendo doesn't really keep my naginata skills in the correct shape. I thought maybe as part of my secret plan to beat Ewa in Science I could do calf stuff at the gym and so read up on it.
Apparently yesterday I did about half the weight Schwarzenegger did to build his calves.
I know half doesn't seem much but I don't even get close to a tenth for the rest of the weights he used so I was happy.
Today I am not so happy. My bottom legs hurt.Stupid bottom legs.

No comments:

Post a Comment