Thursday 30 July 2015

2015-06-10: Seeking Validation

Under the guise of saying "See you later" we dropped by our favourite Izakaya. Ewa was actually there because she is building her own internal stockpile of food we won't be able to get; asparagus, salmon and roe sushi.
Our favourite waiter. He also validated our Japanese For Drunkards skills
I was there for validation of my training technique.

Activity Review: Eating Seafood

Before coming here I actively avoided seafood. Over the years I have tried to learn to eat it but never really succeeded. This attempt I decided that I would eat a small amount of any seafood that appeared on the table. I also loaded up on allergy medication because I am a prudent (and trustworthy) man.
Octupus or calamari or something. Not knowing the names of things actually makes it easier for me. Once again being stupid pays off.
It appears that my body no longer reacts to seafood and the only remaining challenge is mental. If I am tired I find it harder to psyche myself through new seafood types.
But salmon and tuna I now regard as actual food.

Rating: 7/10 (I still cannot do strong flavoured chewy stuff though, big sheets of nori kill me)

Real world linguistic skills still lacking. I have no idea what this means and suspect it may not be right way up. Looks like a dragon to me though so I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment