Tuesday 21 July 2015

2015-06-03: Going For Broke

Ewa's leg is almost completely back to normal now. The muscular atrophy has been reversed and so our boxing coach has stepped the game up a bit.
Bouncy Bouncy on the Balls of the Feet
This is great as no longer do I have to suffer the torment of him dancing around merrily while I stagger and wheeze in his general direction alone.
Smiling indicates still at the beginning of the round.
I am pretty sure that after the first round my entire tactical thought is If I get close enough I can just fall on him. Ewa cannot use that strategy as she weighs about the same as him.
Taunting by the coach is usually at the end of the round
That weight differential is the reason she can skip much longer and better than me. This si my claim and I stick to it.
And a quick little dig to the stomach indicates it is my turn in the ring.

Sign Review: Just Not Sure

Sometimes there are obvious bad translations.
And I claim their use of avenue is incorrect anyway. Should be street.
Sometimes you can't be sure.
We will probably have to go visit what appears to be a Beatles fan club bar at some point and see how it actually is.

Rating: 8/10 (pretty sure the beatles were fairly cool with gay dudes being cool with being gay)

Ramen Turtle Knows Many Things
My cunning plan regarding the skipping issue is to lose more weight. Fortunately my favourite turtle has announced he will help me.
I translate this as Get Skinny Eat Soup. But the Japanese do read right to left so maybe it means Eat Soup Get Fat. Curse these cultural differences.
Not sure if it is just marketing crap but I am keeping it secret 'til it works then I will surprise the boxing coach.
Either way I will have learned a useful condiment making trick.




No comments:

Post a Comment