Monday 13 July 2015

2015-05-31: How To Beat The Extremists Of The World

There is a chance we drank too much last night. I have been sent out for greasy easy-to-understand food which can be consumed from bed. The police presence on the streets was way higher than usual. Lots of them, enough I thought it might be a parade or funeral or something.
Only mildly scary.
I am not sure of the way things work in the Police here but I think the ones with the collapsible batons are the less scary ones. The ones with the full length 5 foot stick and shield are the nice, friendly and soul searingly terrifying ones.
More police than crazies, I think largely to protect the crazies.
Turns out the local right wing nationalist crazies who want a return to the Feudal lords or something were out strolling and shouting. So far any explanation of their ideology has seemed fairly internally inconsistent to me but they seem to be more pissed off at the Japanese than at us foreigners so I look to the Locals-That-Are-Non-Right-Wing-Crazies to see the appropriate response.
One version of response, hot day and no shade in their place of choice though...
There are usually a few responses so I normally choose the one that seems least energy as a rule.
The popular choice of response judging by Number of Participants was Cosplay. This also meant the popular response judging by Amount of Cleavage was Cosplay.
Judged by Absurdly Large Weapons? Cosplay wins again.
Nagoya has an annual Cosplay festival later in the year which I believe is the biggest in somewhere or something. I guess this is the warm up where they test out the costumes.
And work out their choreography.
Giggling at tubby gaijin is probably just an unlooked for bonus
Synchronised Parasols are a Must
Hordes of the People Worshipping Via Use of Insane Lens Size were present. I always feel a little less masculine beside those guys. I do not think this lack of masculinity prompted me to only take photos of giant boobs, it's possible but I think all the giant boobs in Japan congregated and it was impossible to take many pictures which didn't have giant boobs.
Does not understand what the Yellow Curb means. Good thing the police are otherwise occupied.

A demonstration of how to mess your legs up pretty permanently

My mum always told me sitting on cold concrete will give you hemorrhoids
I wonder where the boobs live the rest of the year. Certainly not indicative of what day to day life involves in my experience. Maybe I just hang out in the wrong places.
Or maybe I lack the style to hang out in those places.
Much more indicative of my Coolness factor except I think even this is probably beyond my level of hipster
Comments and comparisons not required
We will not be in Nagoya for the big Cosplay fest later in the year so I don't need to work on being cool just yet. This means today is a win, I succeeded in getting greasy easy-to-understand food that can be eaten in bed.
Sometimes succeeding at life is a reasonably easy enterprise.

No comments:

Post a Comment