Thursday 23 April 2015

2015-04-14: Old, Decrepit plus as a bonus Sweaty

Ewa's first time at the Aichi Budokan; place of awesome warriors of noble spirit and such, they are so noble they let me train in the hope that I will become a noble warrior.
1.3 units of noble
Nagoya put on it's finest "yeah normally it is sunny and nice but today? Not so much" impersonation of my home town in NZ. Fortunately no one translates "bone chilling cold rain that cuts through you like a knife" very well so it was at least remotely close to room temperature water that doused us.
I can claim it was rain water...
Also we forgot our umbrella and our brains weren't active enough to realise every shop we passed sells umbrellas. I know in Australia I owned an umbrella but I never used it. Here everyone has one if the skies look foreboding. Even the heavy metal sulky kids.

Linguistic Skills: Omiyage

Omiyage are the souvenir presents you bring home from places to give to everyone else. I still get that word confused with Gomi which means Rubbish.
We gave out our Omiyage from Tsuwano without actually saying This is rubbish

Rating: 8/10 (-1 because I thought the word a few times)

Stairs don't seem worth it really

No comments:

Post a Comment