Tuesday 14 April 2015

2015-04-09: Serendipity

At the gym they have a science machine.
The little guy icon in the top right is customised and cruel
I think it is calibrated for Japanese people and not burly fellows with bodies built for pulling nets from the sea.
Somehow Ewa has made it through 6 weeks of inactivity retaining most muscle. Or she bribed the testers.
If I eat more curry I will get a Manga Macho Body!
I Had An Idea!
  • Yabusame is cool. 
  • Horseback archery with olde timey clothes and equipment. Because why make it easy?
  • There is Yabusame in the South of Japan at the oldest original Yabusame track.
  • We can go there and watch.
  • I can't find a website saying that it is actually happening this weekend but there are a few old ones saying it happens on the second sunday of April.
  • Close enough to a guarantee for us!
  • One Ryokan (sort of like a B&B) has a room available
  • The God of The HalfArsed Traveller is sending me a message
They should really have had this poster somewhere outside of the town it happens in. Everyone in the town presumably already knows.
Yabusame was originally done to amuse and entertain the Gods. I feel this is a reasonable description of our life as well. We will fit in.

No comments:

Post a Comment