Tuesday 8 September 2015

2015-07-23: Ritualistic

First day of sightseeing. We know how bad we are and so we are trying to get lots of things done today before we remember we are bad tourists.
I assume it happens often enough to maybe make a checklist
Part of the prep work for this is working out how to get around. I have watched The Warriors and so I know that the subway is the preferred mode of travel. We have subway cards! We are now ready to Go Out To Playeeee
Damn Straight! It is a lifestyle!
The NY subway system has always been described as urine soaked. I wasn't aware you had to bring your own urine though. All the trains were clean and smelt better than I usually do.
Looks close enough to French Connection car chase for me.
We met up with Ellery, a fellow naginata person, for lunch and he suggested a few things to look at. We managed to do one of them. He knows me pretty well and I think he will agree that this is pretty good going by our standards.
I didn't make willy jokes because it was too obvious.
We were told that we ought to have a ritual on our travels so that each new place we can Make It Home by performing the little ritual, hanging a small picture or similar. This time I thought I had kept my eye on Ewa constantly but she must have snuck off at some point to perform her ritual summoning firefighters.
New York traffic is quite hard to get through.
I guess she feels at home in New York now. Unfortunately we are staying in New Jersey so I expect the firefighters will be busy again later. Maybe I shouldn't mention they are different states.
But I guess firefighters would feel less heroic with one of these.


No comments:

Post a Comment