Tuesday 8 September 2015

2015-07-21: Bye LA

We fly out to New York tomorrow morning so tonight we are staying at a hotel next to John Wayne Airport.
Normal people would probably think we were being clever and practical as John Wayne Airport is closer to Huntington Beach than LAX.
Fairly generic travelling salesman type hotel pool.
But we are actually flying out from there because John Wayne!
I think he had a girls middle name. Marion maybe? Definitely not Sue though.
I should start testing the drinks before she has had four
I wonder if there is a Johnny Cash Airport. That'd be cool. They could play his music and then occasionally throw in The Jesus & Marychain - Head to toe I'm Dressed in Black.
A bit of colour makes it fun
John Wayne airport does not allow six shooters any more than other airports unfortunately.
They should probably rename the place so they can have a theme we can all join in on.

Places Review: The Atrium Airport Hotel

Older hotel. Large rooms. Decent food.
Really good coleslaw. Pulled pork nothing special as usual.
Not sure if it is an everyday thing but they make pretty good mojitos.
Actually what they really make are incredibly strong mojitos.
I will never understand non dairy creamer. I don't like it and, despite what the movies say, you cannot make a white russian with it
It wasn't until I tasted one that I realised Ewa was likely to need a bit of a steadying hand guiding her back to the room.

Rating: 8/10 (+1 for mojitos and -1 for psychedelic pool lighting)

Johnny Cash levels of drugs required to make this okay.


No comments:

Post a Comment