Wednesday 9 December 2015

Jukendo: Basic Exercises, Sandan Tsuki (銃剣道: 基本)

A good feint must look like an attack.
An opponent moving backwards is going to probably be less proficient at blocking.
So we should start chaining attacks, just like playing tekken! (Although we look cooler).

For me the moment this practice became even faintly good was after doing basic strikes without footwork at the rate of about one a second with a 5kg mokuju (it has a steel rod taped under the barrel).
I paid for it the next day with arms that wouldn't raise above my head but it seems the damage done to the muscles and ligaments allowed me to move my arms a lot quicker; stupid muscles and ligaments.

You'll want to have fumikomi under control pretty good before doing this as the speed of stomping definitely opens the door to Mr Cockup. 

Things I do wrong in this video (not a complete list):
  • Front arm is bent
  • Front hand is not holding with both fleshy pads on the barrel 
  • First two strikes the barrel is not horizontal 
  • I am not rock solid stable after the last strike.
  • Back hand is too high
  • more things there are certainly...

No comments:

Post a Comment