Tuesday 15 December 2015

2015-08-06: Failure so ummm Manhole covers?

I have long been a fan of the Daily Show and today is the last episode with Jon as host. I have also long been a fan of the continuous gag about Arby's being awful (and there be no reason for the gag).
And they didn't let up for the last episode.

Part of our checklist for America prior to arriving was to eat at Arbys. Actually I think it was the only thing on the checklist. We sort of had "Eat at Dennys" on there as well but that was only because I got confused between the two on arrival in Japan, ate at Dennys and then realised I didn't have to.
But Arbys ran ads getting in on the joke

Somehow it seems fitting to watch the show and eat Arbys. It is lazy and somehow achieves the entire actual checklist in a vaguely fanboi manner.
Which I thought was great, the entire show was quite the lovefest.

Apparently the world doesn't want me to do something that cool. According to google the nearest Arbys is 2 hrs away. According to Arbys it is an hour away. North Jersey doesn't seem to have an Arbys at all... maybe the Taylor Ham aficionados have drummed them out of town.
Weird thing is google maps doesn't show all the places the Arbys site does.
On this basis we shall watch the Daily Show, eat some boring thing and do nothing of interest today. Therefore I present to you

Manhole Covers North American Edition

The Wannabe Froggies brought no flair to the table
But Calgary went all out, this one even looks Japanese
New York went for bigger with more sparkly bits
The inner ring is the size of a normal manhole cover. I did not make jokes about fat Americans needing bigger holes.

No comments:

Post a Comment