Saturday 20 December 2014

2014-12-19: Sensible Choices

Woke up at 22:00 and it is now 06:00. So many choices available!

Try and work out just how screwed up my body clock is and create a sensible plan for sleeping which will gradually get things in sync? Sounds boring and math is hard.

Go to the gym hyped up on caffeine and see what happens? Sounds kind of hard and sweaty.
And the Doctor is right next door. Handy!
 Oh it is called The Maniac Gym? Off We Go!

I've been warned that the Polish Kendo scene has a lot of, let's paraphrase for the sake of adult content filters, exceptionally hard training young gentlemen. I am assuming that The Maniac Gym at 07:00 is going to have lots of shaven head giants sporting faded military tattoos. I expect that the weights will all be concrete blocks and steroids will be given away as door prizes.
How much did he get paid for this?
I have a shaven head but no tattoos plus am not a giant so i did a Zumba class with the local housewives.

Activity Review: The Maniac Gym, Zumba

http://maniacgym.pl/en/
One off visit 20złoty (~AUD$7)

I have never done Zumba before. Ewa enjoys seeing me suck at things. In fact lots of people seem to enjoy seeing me suck at things. I sucked at this.
Zumba, I think, switches between a standard 4 count beat and a 6 count beat a lot. I am not sure anyone else cared but I wanted to do it right dammit! If I couldn't wiggle my hips suggestively I could at least be on time with the rhythm.
Despite the fact that Ladies don't sweat anything like I do I think there were several jealous glances at Ewa for having such a classy fellow as me with her.
The activity level is not actually that high compared to other cardio thingys, it is more the learning new steps while the instructor yells out the magic keyword which supposedly reminds you of which step to do next. She yelled in Polish but I don't think that was the problem. I got high fives from her at the end.

Rating: 5/10

Slightly under the "I would do it again if I was nearby" level, I'd probably just jump on a bike or do a kicky punchy class. I feel my opinions on this are irrelevant however and expect to be a master Zumba dancer at the end of this three month period.
Post workout Rehydration. Legs are still dancing under the table.
 After our Extreme!! Workout!! we walked to the local mall to buy a new phone (my LTE antenna seems to have died) and a dual SIM phone would be handy. Outside the temperature was about 5°C (41°F), jumpers and jackets are required. Inside the mall it is a lovely 27°C (80°F) or so. This makes me look like a foreigner as I immediately take off my jacket and wander round in a T shirt. Poles Do Not Do This! They keep their jacket on, and scarf, and often gloves as well.

I assume they are sweating so "Slippery Poles". heh I kill me.
We have decided this is because Malls are a relatively new thing here (like a decade or so) and people are still thinking like they are strolling shop to shop where it is a hassle to take your jacket off and on every few minutes.

Ewa compared it to how Malls in Australia are often down at 15°C when it is 40°C outside. I pointed out that Australians, especially the female youth, are incapable of taking any more clothes off most of the time.

Sign Review: Reserved Parking, Poland


Sexy pregnant Ladies eventually put on dresses and become responsible

Rating: 9.5/10

 This even beats the "Food Baby" reserved seating sign in Brazil. I am not sure what could beat this.

No comments:

Post a Comment